The Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera Review that Works with Amazon Alexa is an excellent IP Security Camera.
In fact, you will see on Amazon.com that this camera is actually voted the #1 best seller.
We will be exploring why this is such a good security camera, the locations that it will suit and also the good and bad points so you can get a better look at what to expect.
We will also be telling you the customer opinion from people that have actually purchased the camera.
Who better to hear from if you are looking to purchase?
If you have landed on this page and you are JUST looking to buy this IP Security Camera you can check out the Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera, Works with Amazon Alexa at Amazon.com or click the banner below:
Hi there! My name is Jason and in this review we are going to take a look at the Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera.
I will tell you the pros and cons and check out what others who have purchased their reviews of the camera and most of all where you can purchase for the best possible price.
Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera Review:
Here are the features:
- 24/7 live video: 130° wide-angle view and all-glass lens let you look after home in crisp 1080p HD, day and night.
- Alerts and snapshots: When Nest Cam Outdoor detects activity, it can send a phone alert or email with a photo of the event.
- Rain or shine: Weatherproof camera, cable and adapter, so you can leave it out in the rain.
- Talk & Listen: Nest Cam has a built-in speaker and microphone, and lets you talk and listen through the app. So you can tell someone you’re paying attention or ask the mailman to leave the package at the door.
- Simple DIY installation: Just plug it into an outdoor outlet, mount the camera and go. You can even stick it to a magnetic surface — no drilling necessary.
- Comes with a free Nest Aware trial: Get intelligent alerts and continuous cloud recording. Create Activity Zones for more precise alerts. Make and share custom clips or timelapses. And more.
Doesn’t matter if you are looking for a security camera for the home, workshop or office the Nest Cam Outdoor Security is your best bet.
Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera video quality is spot on.
Its image quality at full 1080p HD, captured through its glass lens and huge 130° wide-angle view.
As you can see from the picture the clarity and depth of Nest image.
I know that Nest will capture enough detail for me to make out identifying features on any suspicious person that comes to my door.
Nest Cam Outdoor Camera Installation, Design and Build:
Nest listened to their previous customers about making the camera DIY friendly and make it easier to install and guess what.
They did and not only that the sleek design will fit into any place and not stick out like a sore thumb…
While no security camera is ever going to be desirable, the Nest Cam Outdoor comes close.
With its rounded back and flat front, the camera looks more like a high-end spotlight rather than a traditional security device.
Classed as a outdoor camera means it has to be tough and it is. Rated at IP65 means it’s completely dustproof and can withstand low-pressure water jets. That’s more than enough even for a heavy downpour.
More importantly, the Nest Cam Outdoor is super-easy to self-install for most people.
Rather than having to be hard-wired into an electrical circuit, the Nest Cam Outdoor comes with a waterproof power supply composed of two parts.
There’s a junction box hard-wired to a three-pin plug, and the camera has a captive weatherproofed USB cable that connects to the junction box.
With its simplest form of installation just mount the junction box to a wall via the provided bracket, and put the plug into an outdoor socket.
Does The Nest Cam Record Audio?
One feature that I really like about the Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera is it gives you snap shots and alerts. When the camera picks up activity you can send phone alert or an email with a photo of the event.
The nest cam outdoor security camera has a built-in speak which enables you to be able to talk and listen to what is going on through the app.
So if you see someone hanging around at the front you can yell out to them from the safety of your house saying that you are watching them☺.
How about even if the mail man rocks up with a parcel you can just say over the camera to leave at the gate and you’ll come and collect it.
What’s in the box?
Like the indoor version, Nest Cam Outdoor keeps it simple. Inside the box you’ll find:
- Weatherproof outdoor camera with 10ft USB cord
- 15 foot USB power cable with weatherproof click-in socket
- Mounting bracket for power cable
- Magnetic mounting bracket for camera
- Mounting hardware and accessories
Nest also includes a physical copy of step-by-step instructions for setup and installation, but it’s so easy using the Nest app you probably won’t need them.
- 1920 x 1080p HD resolution
- 6.5 x 3.8 x 6.6 inches
- 1.8 pounds
- 130 degree wide-angle FOV
- 25-foot extension cord
- Operating temperature: -4 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Night vision
No drilling he’s needed anything even stick it to a magnetic surface if desired.
The length of the cable is 25 foot long suited for the outdoors and weatherproof.
The overall weight of the camera is 11 ounces and only 2.8×2.8×3.5 inches.
The camera connect to your computer the drive time by Wi-Fi router I never said the camera must be in range or you’ll have to get a extender.
You go from the camera into your computer to connect it to you Wi-Fi once a connection is made you will disconnect from the computer and operate through Wi-Fi the camera when a constant power.
Show additional power maybe need to supply if it extends to 25 fleet. You can put the camera into a WiFi it’s there computer.
Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera Review PRO’S-
- Outstanding packaging. Quality build. Clean Look. Ease of set up. Quality images. Wide viewing angle. Sound and speech. Full time recording to the cloud.
- The person recognition is incredible. It works so well. Even when it’s just the back of someone walking. Outstanding feature.
- The magnet mount is awesome. Let’s you install the camera but still change the angle at any time. Really like it.
Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera Review CON’S
To be honest I didn’t really find many faults with the Nest Camera but here’s a couple of things I would really of like to be different:
- Since it’s a live feed camera their is a subscription service per year.
- Fairly expensive on the cloud recording.
- Must be near a plug in that can be covered with the camera view or it could easily be disabled by a bad guy.
Now is the ultimate test!
What are people saying that have purchased?
The reviews of the Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera are great for the most part.
You will see 4 or 5 star reviews at Amazon.com which is great but there were a few reviews saying that the camera app didn’t work to good on their phone or the instructions were bit hard to follow and very small print.
Due to the positive reviews we don’t think you should worry about a few bad ones. For the most part this looks like a fantastic choice.
Who Is This For?
If you are looking for a DIY easy install top quality security camera to protect the family and home making it safer with the ever increasing crime rate then you need to take a serious look at the Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera. You will save money, get a fantastic camera and you will get a VERY low cost for this product!
Check it out through the link below:
At the moment you can pick this up for just $169.95 and that will save you $39 off of the price at the minute. Amazon also have a deal on where if you buy Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera 2 pack you will get fast track FREE shipping.
Check it out today it is our top choice and is an awesome security camera to protect the family!